Follow revasrags2roses

"Told Ya So Tuesday" / Urban Safari

The trend: Urban Safari
* The store: Goodwill
* The cost: $9.00
Example:
Think Indiana Jones buys a downtown condo...
Vest, pants, scarves, sandals: all thrifted
tee & earrings: mine, old
I was a bit apprehensive about this look as I have so many ideas to do for the new Tuesday posts, but this look is popping up all over the place. I may do another later this summer, but this is what I came up with today.

I was going to copy this look to the T, (which I may later on), as I had a Jungle-worthy jacket, white shirt and sarong (as a skirt). However, I wanted to show the different ways to do this trend. It is a mix of safari gear or tribal looks and regular everyday basics. I did a similar take a few years back...
Aren't these the most terrible shots ever!
And that hat!
(This is a great lesson in looking forward, not backwards)
"I Told Ya So Tuesday" is the post where I prove that with a little perserverance and ingenuity, any trend can be thrifted.
If you have a suggestion for an all thrifted trend, pop me a line!
xXx
Reva

12 comments:

Pam @ over50feeling40 said...

This is one of my favorite looks of yours...I LOVE IT and I want those pants!!

mispapelicos said...

I think the orange makes the whole look vibrant.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Anonymous said...

I love that, Indiana Jones buys a downtown condo, too funny! Love the pop of orange and your hairdo and head scarf! What happened to the hat from the old photos?

Lorena said...

Hi Reva
Thank you for your comment on my blog -
I think you did a wonderful job with all these thrifted pieces. I adore the way you tied that scarf as a head wrap.

Style Agent 909 said...

Ohh Reva, you've inspired me. I have an olive green jacket that I think I pull this look off with. You look great!

Style Agent 909 said...

....Oh P.S. I think nautical would be a fun and easy thrifted trend to do.

Lena said...

i like your outfit)

Jen said...

LOOOOVE this outfit! Those pants are awesome, and I adore the scarf and the shoes. You must have some really great thrift stores where you live.

Unknown said...

I love it all, but that scarf is so pretty.

Anonymous said...

That scarf around the neck is stealing the show! I really like the IDEA behind this look. I have the sarong...and I have a militaryish jacket, but the colors aren't quite right.

The Style Crone said...

You have the urban safari trend down! But then you can put any look together with perfection.

oomph. said...

Those pants were a great find, and so on trend!

[oomph.]
Win $75 from Shabby Apple

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin