Follow revasrags2roses

Love Takes Work

Have you ever fallen out of love with someone, or something, only to rediscover the passion again? Well, I fell out of enchantment with my 
camera the past few weeks. I blamed the lighting - even the trees! 
(not having enough leaves to shade me properly)...

What do you do when a relationship is in trouble? You work on it! So, I 
trolled the internet, read my manuals, and read the 'dslr for dummies' articles.
I then took my camera out and just spent quality time with her...
Most experts say to carry your camera everywhere and take lots of experimental shots.

I had stopped using auto mode months ago. The problem was overexposure. No matter what I did, I had blow-out! Then, after much fiddling with the setting, I got into spot metering and Wa-La!
My depth of field is again blurry- the 'noise' is gone and we are in love 
all over again. Canon DSLR's are notorious for overexposure problems. 
(Now they tell me)... So be prepared: use spot metering for better 
details and use the 'cloudy' setting to warm up your images -
(another DSLR issue-they seem to shoot in a bluer tone). 
Also, shoot in RAW and largest format for better editing after the shoot...
You'll be glad you did! - Reva
TEE/SHIRT/SKIRT/BELT/BOOTS: thrifted 
SWEATER: Sears / HAT: Dot's / BEADS: JCPenny's / SUNNIES: Vintage

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't yet have a DSLR, but will remember this for future reference. I'm really taken with the bold pattern on this skirt.

Alex M said...

I would not have know you and your shutters were having a rift. By the looks of things, one would have believed all was well. Congrats on your reconciliation!

Melanie said...

I'm glad you and your camera have found the love again! Great look, great location!

Pam @ over50feeling40 said...

Well, you are looking amazing and your pictures are amazing so this is a great love affair!! I really like this skirt!

Unknown said...

You've encouraged me to get out my camera and try again to figure out the whole DSLR thing. Mine is stuck on auto mode! You look to cute and I'm sooooo loving that belt! Hugs! ~Serene

silvergirl said...

what a fabulous belt!!!!
brett

Debbi@SheAccessorizesWell said...

I love, love that belt. I have always been drawn to tooled leather. Must be the cowgirl in me. The graphic print on your skirt is just wonderful.

365beautywishes said...

love that skirt on you!!!You look fabulous!!!

365beautywishes said...

love that skirt on you!!!You look fabulous!!!

365beautywishes said...

love that skirt on you!!!You look fabulous!!!

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin