Follow revasrags2roses

For the Love of Cowgirls


Wear the hat, don't let it Wear you .......
I like seeing the fall trends leaning toward the Vintage Cowgirl, or the Urban Cowboy ? Anyhoo, I really like the pairing of Cowgirl hats and boots floating around as of late. Kinda makes my statement hat trendy. You all know how much I love my hats, but the Cowboy always makes me feel kinda rowdy. Kinda girl meets grunge metal, pop open a beer, grab a dress and jump in a T-bird feeling. Plus, for some reason, this hat flatters my head. Make sense? I am visualizing different ways to incorporate this hat into all kinds of outfits. How about an 80's power-jacket over a strapless jumper with a cowboy hat? Kidding ;) Or am I ???
Pink over-all shorts: thrifted. T: Old Navy. Boots, Belt and Hat: thrifted. Aviator's: Dollar store, Yee, Haw!
"Real" cowgirls break their hats in like a new pair of shoes. I actually don't do horses. They get their bluff in on me right away and usually throw me, or run me into a fence. They snicker and run away.
I always seem to need to touch it. Also, I just picked up some new followers today, Yipee! Or should I say Yee,Haw! Hi, guys, so nice to meet you!!! I love comments and as you will see, I am a mish-mosh of styles and trends, all shades of colors and dress to suit my mood of the day, but I love hats. All kinds. WW40 is my attempt to be the first featured blogger over 40 on Weardrobe, So you will get updates. A lot.

For the love of the Cowboy Hat:
Hippy Kai-Yai-Yay !!!

2 comments:

Vix said...

You look stunning in your cowboy hat and tough boots and I love all the outfits.
If I had to make a choice it would be the floral smock dress, it makes you look so carefree and bohemian and that's you to a tee.
I scored some fabulous cowboy boots yesterday, me in flats! You are an inspiration, Reva! xxx

Maruschka said...

like your blog, very cool!
Check mine at www.girlmeetsaccessories.blogspot.com

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin