Today was a damp, rainy day in the "Natti", so the outfit I'd planned was not to be today. Instead I donned a funky floral cropped pant, thrifted of course, a slip dress over a lite pink thermal T and white cardi. I really like these pants and the pattern gives the illusion of a butt and hips! Bonus! White fabric covered beads with a big bow was my accessory. My skirt will have to wait til next week. I think you'll like it.
Well, Unfortunately, my End-all, Be-all, Funkiest shoes ever had to go back to F21 today :( I just couldn't walk in them! I hate to admit defeat, but I exchanged them for some really cute red patent / rope wedges instead. While at F21, I had an idea for a give-away! I'm so excited and will be posting it sometime next week. Stay tuned for the info!.............
I am such a freeze cat, thus a vintage pink scarf and a red pashmina.
The hat is a Totes Rain hat, Ballet flats from JC Penny.
My pink Trench kept me fairly dry.
( Goofy Nix )
I was all braggy about my camera yesterday, so today I got blow-out photos!
THE 12 COOLEST BEAUTY TIPS EVER!
I found these in Elle a few copies back.
1. PREVENT WRINKLES: affix adhesive butterfly bandage closures to facial lines before bed to keep from frowning / smash face in your sleep! ( band-aid butterfly closures)
2. SOOTHE IRRITATION: after plucking or shaving senstive areas, crush 2 aspirin, add a few drops of H20, make a paste. apply over tender areas and let dry.
3. MAKE YOUR OWN DRY SHAMPOO: equal parts baking soda / baby powder. sprinkle and brush! removes grease.
4. BLOTTING PAPER: toilet seat covers! Snag a few from a rest-room !
*5. DE-BRASS YOUR HAIR COLOR: a pinch of Grape Kool-Aid and 4 tblsp. of your shampoo! It cancels out the orange look! ( My favorite, can't wait to try it ! )
6. REDUCE FRIZZ: wrap wet hair in a towel soaked in ice-cold H20. It seals the shaft = no frizz !
7. THICKEN HAIR: add 2 sugar packets to a 20oz. bottle of H20. Creates a natural volumizing spray.
8. THIN CLUMPY MASCARA: a drop of Coca-Cola will re-invigorate your mascara!
9. DRY HANDS: rub the inside of a lemon on the top of your hand. Citric acid & Vit.C stimulate connective tissue production. It only stings a moment, but is worth it!
10. NAIL STAINS: soak in denture cleanser!
11. WRINKLES: dip a wash cloth in soy milk. rest on face 10 mins. Soy is a skin brightener and contains natural plant estrogen.