Follow revasrags2roses

"Told Ya So Tuesday" / High-Low Skirt

The trend: High/Low Skirt
The store: Goodwill
The price: $3.99 with 1/2 off = $2.00

This trend would seem so very easy. It's not as easy as it looks....
I ruined 3 skirts before I got this one right (thanks to U-tube!). 
The key was to draw a half-moon on the front, 
rather than guessing ;). 
Draw a really wide half moon on the front panel only.
Stop at the side hem. 
Then, gradually cut an angle to make the front 
and back  meet up. That's it! 
Hem if you want.
I didn't hem it... 
I kinda like the raggedy look.
Lazy girls are just like that ;)
Please send me your half-moon creations and I will post them!
Hugs,
Reva
rest of outfit: 
Booties, Sears,clx/Hat,Gabriel Bros./Top,old?/Necklace, Dot's/Belt,thrifted

13 comments:

Melanie said...

I love what you've done here! I must remember this for a future upcycle project.

Anonymous said...

I could NEVER have done that (I can just see me, going crazy with a pair of scissors in hand, with 20 mangled skirts around me!). Thanks for clueing me into a trend I didn't know about!:)

Stacey said...

Oh, I love this outfit! And that tutorial is absolutely amazing. It's written exactly how I think when I'm sewing, haha.

Curtise said...

The skirt looks great. I can imagine ruining SO many skirts trying to do this, haha! xxx

mispapelicos said...

Love, love, love your skirt, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Franca said...

It looks fantastic!

Anonymous said...

This is so creative! I'm surprised we haven't seen more of this out there. You're a trendsetter!

Style Agent 909 said...

Hey Reva, that looks great. It's amazing what can be found on You-Tube.

Gracey the Giant said...

You did a great job. I'm trying to get better at altering my thrifted finds and, frankly, struggle with just a straight hem. Maybe I'll try the half-moon hem next though. Thanks for the inspiration!

oomph. said...

i told myself i was going to do this! glad i saw your tips first! love how yours turned out!

and thanks again for posting the giveaway button. i gave you +2entries for that. good luck!!

[oomph.]

Forest City Fashionista said...

Nice job on the skirt renovation! I keep telling myself to try stuff like this, but then I realize I'd just make a mess...

Jean at www.drossintogold.com said...

Yup, that's on my to-do list! The boots are the finishing touch, as far as I'm concerned!

Anonymous said...

You make it look so easy! So how does it feel. I think Claire at Spinning Threads was telling me how she likes the swishiness of skirts like this. I don't have anything like it.

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin