Follow revasrags2roses

"Told Ya So Tuesday" / Americana Festival



The trend: American Festival Looks
The store: Goodwill
The cost: shirt skirt:$2.00/ vest:$2.50/ scarf$1.00 = $5.50


The post where any trend can be thrifted...
It's that time of year - Festival Season!
This skirt I made out of a man's shirt. I measured, cut the top off, 
stitched a seam and added elastic. Wa-la! DIY and DONE!
I see many more of these in my summer future!
I also found the vest at the same thrift shop a few weeks later. 
It was just too kitschy to pass up. 
It could be worn with a simple tank as well. 
Add boots and a few feathers and done.

Well, that's my "Any Trend Can Be Thrifted" this week. 
I'm already running out of thoughts. 
Help me out!
SHIRT:theWplace / BOOTS:gift / NECKLACE:F21? (I forget!)
Happy Thrifting!
Reva

9 comments:

Style Agent 909 said...

Cute idea with the skirt out of a mans shirt. I'm gonna try that one!

Pam @ over50feeling40 said...

I really like this vest! I would wear it...you look perfect for music festivals!

Vix said...

I found some boots like that for 30p at a jumble sale this weekend! Sadly most British music festivals are so muddy that I'll be rocking my festival fashion complete with wellies! Great look, REva. Roll on June. x

Anonymous said...

Oh jeez Reva!! You are hands down the BEST puller togetherer on the planet! All the way down to every detail. And that's why I love your blog...other than the fact that you're awesome. ;)

Miss Simmonds Says said...

That's great! I love the waistcoat - I want something stars and stripes-y

Jean at www.drossintogold.com said...

My head is dizzy from all the great elements you've pulled together! If I had to choose, I'd have to keep the sunglasses and the fabulous DIY skirt!

Anonymous said...

I love the skirt you made...and will have to start browsing the men's aisles more trolling for suitable shirts.

Anonymous said...

love your boots reva! great outfit

xxx maruschka

Angel said...

I could not pull this off but it's a good idea , love how creative and if I ever bought even 1 item for 2.00 at a thrift store my hubby would do back flips lol I will give it a shot I think.

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin