Follow revasrags2roses

Make You Own Scarf Tunic!



I have always had a fondness for sarongs and scarves. Since I have so many, it's fun to play with them, especially when I come up with a new way to wear one. This scarf was on sale at Dot's for $7 bucks. It is very sheer and about 4 feet wide when pulled loose. I can even wear it as a skirt! 

HOW:
Start from behind - Wrap it around your chest, gather top of scarf at front of neck, twist, tie and wrap around your neck - Tie. Then tie a small knot at the bottom front to pull it in a bit.(I hope that made sense). Wa-La! A new, fresh and frugal summer top. A short sarong would work, too. It's super easy and under 8 bucks! It's also a great look with a tee or without. I prefer the tee for bra strap coverage ;)

Here's to a creative week!
xXx
Reva

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hm, I have just one scarf this size...and it is sheer, but I may have to try this!

Franca said...

This is brilliant! though I don't think I have any big scarves left, I got rid of them all in a fit of 'it's never summer here anyway'.

Kathleen said...

I like scarves, thanks for the tutorial. I think this would be great as a beach coverup, too.

mispapelicos said...

I never know what to do with them, ahhhhhhhhhh.
Brilliant.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Patti @ NotDeadYet Style said...

So great, Reva - I have to practice this today. You look wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Very cool, in two ways! Love this idea. I think I have just the scarf but I need to take it off the vanity first. ;)

Vix said...

Fab idea, I've got far too many sarongs I can try this out with. x

Jean at www.drossintogold.com said...

I think I have the same scarf and I love it! Will have to try this "tie".

pao said...

Hi Reva,
Thanks for commenting on Project Minima! I had just visited you from Patti's site too cuz of the gorgeous print top. I have to go closet hunting now to see if there's any large scarves in there...great idea.
pao

mommy Orkid Belle said...

You look good and I love those shoes! :)

Unknown said...

You had me at "thrift store junkie". Very happy to be meeting you. Love these pink colors and your free spirit.

Unknown said...

Great to meet you,Lisa!!!
xXx
Reva

Claire Justine said...

You look great,love your outfits and your photo's are great :)

The Style Crone said...

Creative idea for the use of many a scarf in my collection!

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin