Follow revasrags2roses

Right Here, Right Now

Truer words have never been spoken...
Since beginning this blog, I have found myself trying new looks, and at times, wearing stuff just for the sake of a good post. Those days have long passed, thank goodness. However, since I've gained a bit of weight, I look through my closet and think "What was I thinking"? I do miss my little vintage numbers and can't wait to fit back into them again. Til then, I am drawn to my eclectic boho side. I am preferring basics with accessories. 
Or 'basically' just being me, right now, as I am!
This is giving me an opportunity to be more creative. To think outside the box and come up with looks that flatter without sacrificing my inner style voice. Like making these jeans (formerly my husband's) and wearing a skirt as a top. Tying up a tank and wearing a bolero. That may not land me on a best dressed list, but I kinda like it that way... Too much pressure ;)
JEANS ARE A DIY COPY OF A COPY OF AN EXPENSIVE PAIR OF DESIGNER JEANS.
I FORGET BY WHOM...
Here's to celebrating Self, 
right now - as we are!
Happy Wednesday,
xXx
Reva :)

10 comments:

Thrifted Shift said...

Amen- just as you are! (like Bridget Jones!) (And Shakespeare, of course!)
--TS

Unknown said...

Hello there! Thanks for dropping by my genX-er blog and leaving a comment :D

Kathryn from Schoolmarm Style said...

This outfit is exactly how I see you, Reva! It is absolutely, authentically, perfectly YOU! Lovely!

Curtise said...

I always think the relaxed boho look is absolutely you - casual, funky, great accessories, a little bit quirky. What's not to like?
I didn't realise your top was a skirt, it looks great with the little vest tied up. Finding your self and your style is what it's all about! xxx

Anonymous said...

A great post Reva! I love those jeans like that. In fact, I just cut off a pair and want to put holes in them but often times I find that trying to make jeans look worn when they have spandex in them doesn't work out so well sometimes. I love how you put this outfit together. I think I'm going to try something similar. Which I always want to do with your outfits. ;)

Lisa said...

I can't help but think that your style is so Patti Smith rocker cool!

Vix said...

The best outfits come from working with what you've got. That's why people with loads of cash so often miss the mark, they buy posh clothes that match each other and it comes off as being flat and uninspired.
That skirt as a top works beautifully and the fact you're wearing much loved pieces give you an air of confidence and fabulousness. x

Forest City Fashionista said...

Great post, Reva! That quote has always been a mantra for me, particularly in the last 10 years or so. We can only be who we are, because, as I believe Oscar Wilde said, "Everyone else is taken". If you have confidence, awareness of what flatters you, and a sense of adventure, you're better off than someone with loads of cash and no imagination.

The Style Crone said...

I'm with you! The only time we have is now and why waste it on anything other than self love. I like the idea of wearing a skirt as a top, and your hat pulls it all together. Your creativity always shines!

citizen rosebud said...

You look fantastic! I love the nudie color of "top" layered with the dark vest and the boyfriend's, nay husbands' jeans. Great look. Sorry about the weight gain, but to me you are as lovely as ever!

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin