A big Thanks to Beth from Refashion,Recycle,Reuse , for the coveted Sugar Doll Award !
As per the rules, You have to sit through 10 things about me, so grab a soda!
( As most of you know, I ramble, but will try to keep it short and humble ;)
- I am 45, (soon to be 46 in June) and can go from having the emotional maturity of a 1000 yr old Zen Buddhist to a 5 yr old little girl in .5 seconds ! ( Hormones )
- I came from a small farming / coal mining community in Western Kentucky and now live in Cincinnati.
- I am severely addicted to Big K diet orange pop.
- I LOVE drag queens. My dearest,bestest belated friend was gay, and lovingly called me a "fag hag". ( A straight female who chooses to hang out with gay men.)
5. I fall down. A LOT. All the time. ( and usually break something in the process ! )
6. I love art with a passion, and am continuously trying to connect to the creative "spark". ( I used to teach
a class )
7. I worked in a "head" shop and as an addiction counselor all within the same year.
8. I was a band geek ( flute, bassoon, xylophone) and still play piano.
9. I am still a Buffy The Vampire Slayer addict.
10. I am practicing meditation as I have a hard time making decisions, and my head is usually cluttered with
useless, random thoughts.
Now the best part! Passing it on.... Paying it forward..... Honoring my Diva's !!!
First to : Kathryn, The Thrifty School Marm ( Schoolmarmstyle.blogspot.com ) for her support.
Next: Maria, from Texas love,life and fashion (txlovelifeandfashion.blogspot.com) for her support.
Gina, from Clothes, interalia
Lady Cardigan from Fashiondaydreaming, for her super humor!
Also theLookingGlassVintage, a super chick !
and my new obsession Vintage Vixen ! My connection to England and super cool vintage.
There are so many more, and I wish carpel tunnel wasn't setting in, or I would send out this award to about 40 more terrific bloggers. I really do appreciate you all and am so glad I've found such great women to share my passion with ! If any links didn't connect, please let me know!
This coming week I am going to dress to Accentuate, rather than Hide my features. Wish me luck!
Here are some ideas:
( Sorry, my images got all wonky, and after a while, I gave up trying to fix em!)
I'm tall. My legs are long. I have "strong" features, so can wear hats and accessories well. Maxi's and flats suit me. Also, here are my dream shoes as of two days ago (from Target) :
And Newport News. Yum............
This dress is under 10 dollars !!!
And believe it or not, these hair clips are on the "New" items page of F21!!!
Gosh, I didn't realize how trendy I was ;)
Here are the T-shirt Images from the Summer Bliss Give-away. ( the first is flipped). I think they turned out well. See ya tomorrow !!!