Follow revasrags2roses

VINTAGE ACCESSORIES / A FEW OF MY FAVORITES

I'VE ALWAYS BEEN A COLLECTOR OF OLD THINGS . VINTAGE ACCESSORIES AND PURSES ARE MY WEAKNESS. 


When I was a little girl, I remember wearing my Grandma's dresses and pointy gold pumps. Back then, I just called them "high heels". Now as I blog about the outfits I wear, my accessories are getting lost in the process.


Since I am the woman who drives with her knees while eating a taco and applying lipstick and mascara all at the same time, I am vowing to slow down and get more detail shots!


Here are a few of my favorite accessories :



A vintage Cameo given to me by my Husband while on a trip to a huge Antique Mall during Valentine's day a few years ago. I always keep the pieces looking as worn as when they were bought. Sometimes a little flaw can send my thoughts to a place where I wonder about who it was given to first ? Was it passed down to her daughter, or did a little old lady hold onto it as a memento of her true love ?



A brooch given to me by my brother-in-law during Christmas. The box was cool too !


Probably my favorite brooch. Bought at an Antique Mall several years ago.
It's missing 2 stones, but that's O.K.


A rare black cameo locket given to me by my Dad #2. He is so thoughtful at gift giving and remembers what everyone likes and his gifts come straight from the heart.



A purse thrifted from Goodwill over 10 yrs. ago, before the "secret" of thrift stores became mainstream!






( I Love this Fabric !)


A vintage powder with a mirror.
The original powder and puff are still in there.


A green Cameo pendant . I think I thrifted this one, or my Dad-in-law got it for me.



A tiny rhinestone pin from an Antique Mall in Cincinnati.



This cameo is a 1928. I also collected this brand and have alot of pieces my husband has bought me.



I thrifted this pin recently. It isn't vintage ( I don't think ), but I like the dancing couple on it.


A cameo ring, also a gift,


My Grandma's clip-on earrings.


A vintage cigarette case.


The cigarettes went beneath the mirror , a lipstick beneath, and two other compartments for Who Knows?


A single clip earring I use as a pin or hair piece.
I don't remember where I found this little gem.


My Diary from when I was Sixteen !




The lock is long broken and the Key is missing.


I have always loved to write, draw, and take photographs. I used to love to catch my family members on the toilet ! I still have many of those old polaroids ! My love for journaling keeps going up to this day! Each night I like to write down the things I am grateful for, or draw ideas for a new outfit idea. I love to make vacation journals with my little sketches of what I see around me. It's fun to look back at them. So many inspirations are kept in my journals and a ton of fashion photos clipped inside with paper clips. 

Do you keep your memories tucked away in a journal ? If I didn't, so many things would get lost over time.
I keep them within grabbing distance (in case my house catches fire !) Maybe that's a bit extreme, but what can I say, I'm a Gemini !

I have many more fun vintage accessories .
For another day, perhaps !



I'm trying to win a free blog make-over by Sweet faerie designs !
Wish me Luck!

8 comments:

LyddieGal said...

Beautiful pieces! I love all the cameos and the floral bag is wonderful!

myedit said...

You've got some great vintage treasure! The cameos, the purse... the crown pin... so good!

piglet said...

Oh these are all so lovely! The darling bag and the bright jeweled brooches are my favourites.

Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

gorgeous pieces, I especially love the sweet diary and the cameos. Thanks for entering my giveaway, so sweet of you, best of luck!! xoxo

Connie @ SogniESorrisi said...

Some beautiful pieces!

Marie McGrath (The Joy of Fashion) said...

Such pretty pieces reva! I love keeping a journal as well. I dont write in it everyday, but I try to write down important things so I will never forget.

www.thejoyoffashion.blogspot.com

Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

oh I forgot to reply to what you asked me about vanessa, i meant Vanessa Redgrave :) Stunning lady true to her age (not a fan of tavi as you can see)

Raquelita said...

What gorgeous pieces! I love those cameos!

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin