WORDS CANNOT EVEN COME CLOSE TO HOW TERRIFIC I THINK SHE IS.
VINTAGE VIXEN, AKA, VIX, IS A FOXY BRIT WITH A HEART OF SILVER AND TURQUOISE ;)
HER RETRO COLLECTION BLOWS MY MIND, AND I DON'T THINK SHE HAS EVER WORN THE SAME VINTAGE PIECE TWICE!
I FEEL HONORED TO CALL HER MY FRIEND AND SHE IS DEFINITELY MY DREAM WOMAN.
I HOPE I'M JUST LIKE HER IN THE NEXT GO-ROUND ;)
( WARNING : YOU'LL BE SMITTEN ;)
( YOUR WORLD WILL BE ROCKED! )
( HER PROFILE INFO.....)
1.WHEN DID YOU START BLOGGING AND WHY ? I'm always been so excited by the finds I in charity shops, jumble sales and car boot sales and I wanted to encourage others to do the same. Every person I've ever met gets into buying secondhand once they've spent time with me. I want to show that anyone can have a stylish home and a glamorous wardrobe without spending a fortune or being dictated to by the fashion fascists and the corporate big wigs.
2.WHEN DID YOU FIRST FALL FOR VINTAGE AND WHY. I've been going to jumble sales since I was a teenager, in those days you could pick up 1920's dresses, 1940's Barathea suits and Fifties tea dresses by the armful. They were cheap, I could take them in to fit my skinny frame and back in the 1980's we all strived to be different, didn't we? Obviously there was inferior clothing made back in the old days but the items that survive are by and large better quality, more vibrant and made to fit a woman's body properly. I find mass produced clothing depressing and just can't understand why anyone would want to wear the same dress as anyone else.
3.WHAT HAVE YOU LEARNED THROUGH YOUR BLOGGING EXPERIENCE ? That there's lots of like-minded women out there who don't give a hoot about looking their age, conforming to the norm or dressing in a certain way and that real friendship can be found in cyberspace. I mistakenly imagined that bloggers would be narcissitic and self-obsessed and how wrong I was. I've been overwhelmed by the continued support, encouragement and kindness I've received since I started blogging and I honestly think I'd have flipped after my Mum's untimely death if it hadn't been for my fellow blogging buddies.
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE FASHION ACCESSORY ? Big, bold jewellery. I feel naked without tons of ethnic rings, huge dangly earrings and jangly bangles. If I can't hear myself clanking something's wrong...
5. WHAT ARE SOME OF THE 'TRENDS OF THE MOMENT' THAT YOU INCORPORATE INTO YOUR VINTAGE STYLE ? I buy whatever takes my fancy so if I'm wearing a current trend it's by happy coincidence rather than by design. I've been wearing maxi dresses, capes, harems, leopard print and platform soles for years.
6. WHAT INSPIRES YOU ? Everything! I love life.
7. FOR THOSE OF US WHO DON'T ALREADY KNOW, WHEN & WHY DID YOU FALL IN LOVE WITH INDIA ? My first trip to India was back in 2000. Although I'm fairly well travelled within an hour of arriving I knew I'd come home. I've always loved novels and films set in India but nothing prepares you for the assault on your senses, the history, architecture, culture, religion, spirituality, food, sounds and smells. Everything is more heightened and vibrant. As Diana Vreeland said,"Pink is the navy blue of India and she was right, it's a riot of colour and the people are the best.
Her Secret Beach, India
8. IF WE EVER GET THE CHANCE, WHERE WOULD YOU SUGGEST WE VISIT WHILE IN ENGLAND ? Come and stay with me! We live in the Midlands so we're near to everything (except the sea). I'll show you jumble sales, car boot sales and the cheapest charity shops, traditional Real Ale pubs and the best curries this side of the Sub-Continent.
( Vix's dream home, and self-made curtains recycled from old sari's. )
9. WHAT DO YOU BELIEVE KEEPS YOU SO YOUNG AND VIBRANT? I'm a born optimist and ridiculously positive. I've had some bad times but the way you deal with a bad situation makes you a stronger and better person. I've always been rash and impulsive, I take risks, live for the moment and to be honest I've done some stupid things but hey, I'm still here.
10. AND LASTLY, BUT NOT LEAST, ANY WORDS OF WISDOM FOR US TO LIVE BY ? Love yourself, you can't expect anyone else to if you don't.
Loads of love,
MEET HER HERE : The Vintage Vixen, vintagevixon.blogspot.com
She is also a full-time E-bay seller, DIY Queen and a recycle / refurbishing magician !
A BIG THANKS TO THE VINTAGE VIXEN FOR THE INTERVIEW.
AND A BIG THANK YOU TO ALL YOU GUYS FOR VISITING MY LITTLE BLOG :)
IT REALLY AMAZES ME THAT THERE ARE PEOPLE OUT THERE WHO ACTUALLY CARE ABOUT WHAT I'M UP TO EACH DAY. HERE'S TO ANOTHER YEAR !
HAVE A TERRIFIC WEEKEND :)
* Reva *