FIRST IMPRESSIONS ARE REALLY IMPORTANT. IT IS MUCH HARDER TO ERASE A BAD EXPERIENCE THAN BUILD A GOOD ONE :) ~ THERE ARE MANY THINGS I THINK I'VE LEARNED, BUT THE MOST IMPORTANT IS TO REMAIN HUMBLE AND KIND. EVERYONE IS BEAUTIFUL, CREATIVE AND HAS SOMETHING TO OFFER...
WHAT I LEARNED THIS PAST YEAR :
2. I can't please everyone. If that is the goal of a personal style blog, it will show through. No one wants to read about someone else's style choices. Remain true to yourself :)
3. Listen to your audience. ( I used to blast "theme music" when other's clearly didn't enjoy it. Not everyone likes the same tunes ;) It was detracting from my blog.
4. I've learned to try to stay on topic and not ramble so much. I have a unique voice and that's what I try to put out there ;)
5. Be polite ! If I don't have anything positive to say, I zip it. I want my blog to be a friendly place to visit :)
6. It's important to acknowledge my commenter's and visitors. To support them in their endeavors. I like the community I 'live' in .
7. I've learned a clean blog is a better blog. Too many distractions take away from the true intent of my blog.
8. To produce good quality images and not post 10 images of the same pose !
THINGS I AM STILL WORKING ON :
( It is hard for me to choose, but my "posing" and image quality are improving, making it more
easy to just pick a "few" ;)
2. To limit myself to only a couple hours a day blogging, instead of hours on end !
3. Letting go of perfection . ( See number 2 .... )
4. Honoring my fellow Diva's more, and making my posts more interesting. ( Yawn ;)
5. Keeping up with new technologies. I don't "tweet" and the applications are ever changing as
well. When you are on a strict budget, this can be challenging. ( That is why I want to open a
"thrifty" custom header/ads shop. Not everyone has hundreds of dollars , or the time, to spend
on things like that , and I hope to make them affordable for all of us . Not just the 'Big Timer's' ;)
Of course, I hope to make a few bucks as well, but I believe that to help out others should be my
primary goal in this venture. A few "thrifting" dollars would be Icing :)
1. No one likes "forced" music tracks ;) ( Generally )
2. Good images and original content are the key to a good blog. There are blogger's I feel I know, simply by their blogging styles.
3. A little goes a long way! ( Some of the most interesting blogs I read have simple, clear messages in their posts.)
4. Being honest about who you really are , and how you really think keeps me reading a blog.
5. Always say thank you and give props when someone does something terrific. ( It makes my day :)
6. Originality and thinking outside the box is most interesting to me. I love variety and risk takers ;)
7. You keep what you have by giving it away! ~ Sharing advice, tips and ideas (if asked) can really help others.
8. I don't enjoy blogs that are always asking me to follow them to win something. ( I had a give-a-way once, and will probably never do it again, unless it requires something like doing a good deed :)
And lastly the two most important :
9. * The amount of "followers" isn't what makes a good blog. Many great blogs I read have a small "following" (per Blogger) But are awesome , while some of the blogs I have read have tons of "followers" but lack the content I like.
10. * Love What I'm Doing and Try my Best to do it Well :)
IF YOU TAKE ANYTHING AWAY FROM THIS POST I HOPE IT IS TO JUST BE YOURSELF !
PEOPLE REALLY DIG THAT :)
CITIZEN ROSEBUD FOR THE QUESTION :)
PART THREE WILL BE POSING AND PHOTO TIPS I'VE LEARNED ALONG THE WAY.
HAPPY HUMP DAY !