A SUNNY SUNDAY MORNING DESERVED AN EXTRA POST ;)
I'VE HAD A COUPLE REALLY BLOG-BUSY WEEKS, AND I HAVE SO MANY THINGS TO POST, SO I THOUGHT I'D JUST DO A SUNDAY DRIVE-BY ! THE POP-IN ....
( AGAIN WITH THE NAUTICAL STRIPED WONDER-TOP ;)
THIS WEEK I HAVE 2 INTERVIEWS TO POST, SOME FUN OUTFITS I REALLY LIKE, AND SOME NEW SHOES I GOTTA SHOW OFF ;)
PLUS A KICK-@SS VINTAGE HAT I ACQUIRED LAST WEEK.
I AM STILL LEARNING HOW TO 'TWEET' AND A BIG "HI" TO MY NEW BLOG BUDDIES. HAVE YOU GUYS NOTICED THAT FOLLOWERS AND COMMENTS AREN'T AS PLENTIFUL ON GOGGLE AS THEY WERE JUST A YEAR AGO? IT'S DUE TO FACEBOOK AND TWITTER CONNECTIONS.
MUCH EASIER AND QUICKER.
I HIGHLY RECOMMEND ANYONE WHO ISN'T ON THE TWO, TO GET HOOKED UP. IT'S ANOTHER FUN WAY TO COMMUNICATE !
(ESPECIALLY TWITTER )
AS I WAS READING OVER IFB THIS WEEKEND, AND NOTICING THE GROWING PANGS THAT SEEM TO BE FLOODING BLOG-DONIA, I MADE A LIST OF THINGS I HOPE TO START DOING AND REMEMBERING WHEN I SEE OR HEAR THE NEGATIVE THINGS THAT CAN PULL COMMUNITIES APART.
HERE'S WHAT I CAME UP WITH:
- I CAN FIND SOMETHING POSITIVE ABOUT EVERY BLOG, OR SAY NOTHING AT ALL.
- I CAN BE POWERFUL WITHOUT OVER-POWERING OTHERS
- I CAN CELEBRATE OUR DIFFERENCES WITHOUT COMPROMISING MY OWN STYLE VOICE
- PULLING OTHERS DOWN, DOESN'T LIFT ME UP (I DON'T NEED TO JUDGE OTHERS)
- I CAN SET A GOOD EXAMPLE BY BEING A KIND-HEARTED BLOGGER
- I DON'T NEED TO COMPARE MYSELF, WE ALL ARE UNIQUELY SPECIAL
- I WILL BELIEVE IN MYSELF
- THERE IS ENOUGH ROOM FOR EVERYBODY, EACH STYLE VOICE IS VALUABLE
- I CAN LEARN SOMETHING FROM EVERYONE, EVEN IF THEIR STYLE IS DIFFERENT THAN MINE
- IT IS WHAT IT IS - A PERSONAL STYLE BLOG - NOTHING MORE ............
(click image for details and link)
AS A KIND-HEARTED BLOGGER I PLEDGE TO:
- create, inspire, and admire rather than compete with fellow bloggers
- be understanding of each other-- in the blogging community, as well as in the world
- stay away from internet/blogging bullying
- speak my opinion freely, while still being mindful of other's feelings-- be tactful.
- make an effort--no matter how big or small the gesture, to spread kindness or joy to others
- acknowledge that I will make mistakes, (I am only human) but remember to learn from them
- know that at times I will post about the negative stuff in life, and maybe even some complaining (I am only human) but I will always follow up with something happy/positive too.
- believe that this world is a good place, filled with good people.
HERE'S TO A GREAT WEEK !