THIS PAST FEW WEEKS HAVE LED ME TO FIND SOME REALLY EASY AND COOL DIY IDEAS, RATHER BY ACCIDENT OR SEEING SOMETHING IN ONLINE SHOPS. I SAVE EVERYTHING, SO WHEN I SAW THIS STYLE, I THOUGHT WE COULD DO THESE FOR PENNIES ;) HERE IS ONE OF MANY AND YOU PROBABLY HAVE
THESE ITEMS IN YOUR CLOSET ALREADY !
THE LONG CUFFED HAREM....
SKILL LEVEL: SUPER EASY
HERE'S WHAT YOU NEED :
- THE ARM CUFFS OFF AN OLD SWEATSHIRT. ( I HAD THESE LEFT OVER FROM A CROPPED ONE )
- A PAIR OF SLEEP PANTS OR ANY THIN COTTON/RAYON TYPE PANT. ( I PREFERRED ONES WITH AN ELASTIC WAIST AND DRAW STRING )
- SOME MATCHING THREAD AND A HEAVY GAUGE NEEDLE ( THE LONGER THE BETTER )
PANTS ; VICTORIA'S SECRET LOUNGE PANTS : THRIFTED
CUFFS FROM A GREY SWEATSHIRT
HERE'S WHAT YOU DO :
- Slip pant legs into 'arm bands' to get a feel for how large the hole is, and how much 'pleating' or 'gathering' you will need to do.
- Stitch a few 'pleats' into pants first, to reduce stress ;) and make them fall evenly over the cuffs.
- Slide the cuff over the pleats on the OUTSIDE, then turn entire leg inside out.
- Start stitching cuff to legs.
- TIP : the shorter the stitch and the closer to the edge of the arm-band you get, the better they will look! (trust me, I had to re-do mine 3 times as I was lazy and made my stitches too big ;)
Ta- Da !!!
Turn Right-side out and you're done !
(Crap, too large of stitches, had to re-do ...)
NOT BAD !!!
JUST REMEMBER TO TAKE A PEEK NOW AND THEN TO MAKE SURE THEY ARE GOING TO FALL UNIFORMLY AROUND YOUR LEG . MINE WEREN'T PERFECT, BUT THEY AREN'T SUPPOSED TO BE :)
I'M PRETTY PROUD OF THIS ONE :)
I THINK I'LL GO WILD FLORALS NEXT ....
QUESTIONS? E-MAIL ME AT RETROREVA@ZOOMTOWN.COM
ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS:
JAPAN NEEDS US.
TO DONATE, CLICK HERE :
ATTIRE: PANTS/BELT: THRIFTED
GREY T/LONG WHITE FLOWY T: OLD NAVY (CLX)
SHOES: TARGET - NECKLACE: STURGIS ANTIQUE MALL
FEATHER HEADBAND: DOT'S - SCARF: DOLLAR STORE
FAUX HENNA TATTOO: SHARPIES