Follow revasrags2roses

REALLY CLEAN OUT THOSE PORES !


I'm sitting here wrapped in a towel with my wet hair in a Turbi towel. I usually like to end the week with a pretty cool outfit, but laziness won over . I hate to post without a photo, but as I will be going out possibly later, I'll pop a few shots then.

As I was bathing, I remembered that I wanted to post the "REAL" way to do a home facial, at a thrift store price. I have been around the proverbial block a few times. I have sunbathed with baby oil mixed with iodine. I have Always squeezed my zits. I usually wash my face with whatever soap is laying nearby. But when it comes to REALLY cleansing and freshening my skin, this method works for me every time.

HOW TO REALLY CLEAR OUT THOSE PORES !
( Easily and on the Cheap! )

First, I run a really HOT bath. I close the tub doors, or u can pull the curtain. Think of it as a sauna. If u have a detachable shower head, pull it down with you. You will be using it later!
I wash my bod, and hair while letting the steam open my pores. Your pores OPEN with heat, and CLOSE with cold.
Then, I take a washcloth and load it up with some type of "soft" soap. I gently scrub! The wash cloth acts as an exfolliant and is all natural. It works as well as any other stuff.
Next, I rinse and run Straight HOT water onto the cloth. I hold it on my nose, Again to OPEN UP the pores. I keep re-wetting with hot water and placing the cloth all around my face. Don't burn yourself, but keep it hot.
After my pores are all open , I take a grain-like exfoliant (Wal-mart has one I like called Body Fantasy) and gently rub into my nose, chin and anywhere I have dirty pores. They tend to be on my nose and chin. AVOID the tender under-eye area!!! This skin is very different and doesn't need exfoliating! Sugar works well, too! Rinse.
Ahhh.... Now for the shower head! Turn it on a pulse-setting and gently go around your face. It's like a face massage and improves circulation, making a natural, healthy glow! If you don't have a detachable shower head, they are great, especially for lazy women like me! I can wash my hair and rinse while still sitting!
Last, I wash my face again, gently, with a "soft" cleanser with my hands. I then RINSE WITH COOL WATER - this closes your fresh, clean pores! DONE !

When I get out of the tub, I add moisturizer to my undereyes, forehead and around my lips. I never put it on my nose where the pores are big and tend to attract dirt and oil. I slather some kind of yummy fragranced body lotion all over myself while STILL DAMP. As your pores close, it will hold in the moisture.

On days when I don't wear make-up, I only wash my nose, and let my natural oils keep my face nourished.
Our bodies are naturally designed to care for themselves! Thus hair on our most important areas, and less on areas which need to be exposed! AS an older woman, I do wear sunscreen (now) as staying youthful looking has become the norm in our society. If it were left to me, I'd be a leathery sun-soaked hat lady in sarong and flip flops walking along my beachy paradise! But, the depleted Ozone layer has ruined my fantasy!!!

During the week, around Wednesday, if I've been wearing make-up, I like to use a clay-based mask to clear out and soften my skin. I use Queen Helene Mud pack mask, from Big lots for a couple bucks. IT WORKS!
I will do a peel -off fruit enzyme mask about once a month, a cheapo works just fine! I buy whatever is natural and cheap.
This will give an instant glow, but can also make your skin sensitive.

I hope someone gets something helpful out of this Home-grown way to do something that commercials won't tell you about! You don't have to buy expensive skin care products. Nature has all you need !

Take it from someone who has "bought-into" the commercial industry MANY times.  * Reva*

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the tip! I have oily skin and try not to be too harsh on it,but sometimes I KNOW I over exfoliate. I like mud masks too, and I love Big Lots for buying all kinds of products. I buy a vitamin E face cream there and I really like it.

Anonymous said...

Hi! This post could not be written any better!
Reading this post reminds me of my good old room mate!

He always kept chatting about this. I will forward this page
to him. Fairly certain he will have a good read. Thanks for sharing!


my blog post - makeup for acne prone skin

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin