Follow revasrags2roses

AS THE SNOW BLOWS, OUTSIDE I GO / UNUSUAL LAYERS



My hat's off to the Snowbunny Fashion Bloggers!!!

As one who lives in the Midwestern U.S., I experience all four seasons. I LOVE fall and spring. Dislike (alot!) the sweltering temperatures of late, dry summer, and REALLY dislike tons of snow. (Unless I am bundled up like the kid from A Christmas Story.) It's hard to be stylish in sub-zero temps !


I am always up to the challenge. The attention-getting side of me LOVES to wear unlikely combos, if only going to the grocery for winter supplies!- and turning a few heads who wonder why I am wearing a skirt in this awful mess! ;)




I was too lazy to take my own photos of the newest batch. so I share what it looks like on my street (if i were in Finland!)

BACK
TO
MY OUTFIT.....


Layers upon Layers!



A great pair of shades. These wayfarers are from Banana Boat originals form the 80's.
A thick wool turtle neck with a T under and a thermal lined hoodie over.




This wool vest was thrifted a ways back and is soooo warm, plus I like the baby blue. It has no tag, but appears vintage, due to the high quality of it.


My go-to berets, with my Husband's snow boots!
And a big wool flower on the hoody.




Heavy cotton ribbed tight and thermal knee socks.



My tights are kinda brown, but definitely has some grape in them.



I layered two skirts.  I thrifted two of the same American Eagle silk skirts. One on right has pinks, while the one on left has blues.
I layer them together and let one peek our from underneath!



The blue vest added a needed "break-up" between the tans. 
The brown flower pin was added to the hoody.


Silver earrrings from the 70's. I do keep things that I feel are timeless, or a part of my natural style. These were one of those pairs. I am gonna remove the blue bead and add a turqouise one. It will add beauty to the sterling silver.(ALSO A GOOD SHINE!)  The best way to shine up silver is to use these wipes made by CONNOISSEURS. In a red plastic oval box. They are really cheap, about 5 bucks, They are at the big "W-mart",Walgreens, etc. and thy  last forever!





Strapped on my newest favorite thrift. A brown satchel from Goodwill $4.00)
It's definitely from the 70's or late 60's. But it is not leather : (


A lovely photo of an iron fence.



There's no denying the beauty of nature, even if sometimes it seems a bit inconvenient.I Even dislike the Sweat dripping down my back as the sunscreen clogs up my pore during the dog days of summer, although I want to spend my retired days at an ocean-side condo. Just a few skirts. t's, sarongs and flip-flops. Plus big floppy hats and a gelatto (misspelled) shop around the corner. My car- an original  vee-bee (Volkswagon) convertible and a cool cruising bike with a basket on the front for my sketch pad and pastel pencils.
Or live in perpetual Autumn or Spring!
 

FOR NOW I WILL ENJOY HIKING THROUGH THE SNOW TO CAPTURE A FEW PICTURES. FEELING THE NUMBNESS OF COLD KISSING MY FACE. MAYBE I'LL BE BLESSED WITH A BIG, BELLY LAUGH WHEN I SEE SOMEONE BUST THEIR ASS. come on, You Know You Laugh!


A BEAUTIFUL IGLOO.( Looks cozy!)



PURPLE HAZE.




looks like heaven!



Our backyard baby woods looks alot like this photo. The wild honeysuckles are bent to the ground!

Maybe l'll go hiking tomorrow! :)

(Some photos were from free photo.com-except the ones I took)

2 comments:

Second Skin said...

Great layering! Love this palette as well! You look so snug and warm and SO chic!

Deborah said...

I love the layers and the pretty colors as well. Great photos! I love the snow scenes. I'm so glad I found your blog..

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin