MY TIGHTS DRAWER! YIKES! IT LOOKS EVEN WORSE ON FILM!
(actually there are 2 drawers,but the other is full of basic colors)
I'll be straightening it later tonight.
TIPS FOR GETTING THE MOST OUT OF YOUR TIGHTS:
1. BUY QUALITY ! (if u are on a budget, look for clearance sales, left-over colors. I have tights that are over 10 yrs old, and still in great shape!)
2. WASH BY HAND IN COLD WATER! (or gentle in machine)
3. DON'T DRY THEM IN DRYER. THIS LEADS TO FADING AND THE BREAK-DOWN OF THE FABRIC.
4. SPOT WASH WHEN ABLE. (just the crotch and feet)
5.CHECK YOUR SHOES FOR "NUBBINS"- ANY PLACE THAT COULD SNAG THE TIGHT. (put mole-skin-found at any drugstore in the orthodic dept.- over the snaggable parts of shoe.)
5. "TURN" YOUR TIGHTS (rotate them form front to back-like tires) TO KEEP HEELS FROM WEARING OUT.
6. KEEP THOSE FEET SOFT, AND TOENAILS TRIMMED. (use lotion on heels before u wear to keep dry skin form snagging them.)
7. STORE THEM SEPERATELY FROM OTHER SOCKS / UNDERWEAR TO AVOID ACCIDENTAL SNAGS.
8.STORE IN DRY PLASTIC BAGS WHEN NOT WEARING FOR A LONG TIME (a season or two)
9. GET THEM OUT AND LET THEM "BREATHE" TO AVOID DRY ROT. (when the elastic gets dry and looses it's stretch.)
10.WATCH OUT FOR SNAGGED FINGERNAILS! (that's how i've ruined most of mine)
11. IF THE WAIST BAND LOOSES IT'S GRIP, OR THEY ARE A BIT TOO SHORT, WEAR TIGHT BRIEF PANTIES OVER THEM. THIS WILL KEEP THEM IN PLACE!
I do buy cheapies in "trendy" colors, as they probably won't get tons of wear. I keep alot of traditional colors for year round wear- ( black,gray,brown). Also, keep a spare neutral pair in your car or bag in case of rips.
I HAVE FOUND THAT QUALITY LABELS HOLD UP FOR MANY YEARS!
Some u can find at thrift stores, but WASH them first if u buy them there and check for snags and "accidents" that may have occurred. Alot of folk won't buy used undergarments, let alone touch them, but u can tell if they appear new or not at a glance. I don't recommend buying used underwear. It just seems "icky" and u can find underwear for a buck on clearance at any dept. store.
My legs look like sticks. Told you they were long and skinny! I'm gonna set the camera lower to the ground to give a better angle!
An example of "cheapie" tights. They looked good in the store, but stretched the pattern, and there is a "line" down the sides where the image was stamped on each side.
Notice the "line"? and how "stretched" they are? At my feet are pretty orangey paisleys, but at my thighs, there are long, stretched kinda gold paisleys. An example of cheap ones.
I DO HAVE TO TURN SIDE-WAYS EVENTUALLY!
(check out my sweater sleeves! originally from early 90's)
OH WELL, LIVE AND LEARN!
Tights : MIX IT
Sweater Arms: old, Dot's.
T: Covington, clx.
Suede belt with rivets: Kohl's
Scarf: my Mom
Chandalier earrings: Sears clx.